Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dr Spencer Reid, in CMC class!!!

The most amazing thing, which I didn't expect or anticipate, EVER, was that there was a showing of CRIMINAL MINDS in CMC class!!!! So out of this world... and I quote Miecha "N u thot its juz in ur wildest dreams huh xD"

CMC, or Computer Mediated Communication, started of with a lecturer who was so intense in decreasing the number of very determined 3rd and 4th year students from taking her class. A class which starts at the early hours of 8.30 a.m, theoretically functions on the presumption that after taking the initial freezing drop of aqua from the dormitory shower, will keep us awake in class (or so it should). A class that got me up so early, that even light was not yet visible through my 'state of the art' window. A class with so much note taking, that at the end, I barely realised I had fingers.

But that was only the first 2 weeks. As time proceed, there were a definite improvement in our lecturer's reaction to class, and joking around was considered possible.. Not so much laa.. She did try to organise a class trip to, get this, Les Copaque and KRU, but standard UIA charges even students to use the transport facilities... at RM 800, our anticipation was washed away.

Anyhuuu... for Ramadhan, the month of Bless, our lecturer proposed a viewing of three 'pictures', which involve a movie, a documentary and a TV series (Criminal Minds) for class, a break from note taking. The part that obviously would be understood is that these three 'pictures' will be questioned in our Midterm, but that is till later date, after Raya.

The first was a movie about a computer game coming to life, which I missed coz I was not feeling to good. The second was a documentary on the consequences of the chat room, which actually lead to murder... don''t want to explain. And the third is about the effect social networking sites, such as... dum di dum.. Facebook...

It started off creepy, and I was kinda excited. Then I saw the CBS logo at the bottom, and mentioned to my friend, Waji, that I bet it was Criminal Mind (!) And lo behold, IT WAS!!! That was when my smile grew bigger, my eyes grew wider and my heart grew happy.... O HAPPY DAYS...

Imagine having Dr Spencer Reid, Penelope Garcia, the hunk Morgan, Agent Prentiss, Jareau, Hotch and Rossi 'in front' of my eyes... The fact that I have seen the episode before did not affect my blood from happily pumping away at the excitement... My envy for Reid's ingenuity, Garcia's witty comments, the charm of Morgan, Hotch, Rossi, JJ and Prentiss, plus all those 'psychological' term used in the scripts just brought me near to tears.... Thus I am here right now, after class... documenting my "Happiness" to the whole world, knowing for the fact, that there may be a psychopath keeping tabs.... Wooooooooooo.....

No comments:

Post a Comment